1) Guarantees freedom of religon, speech, assembly,
and press, and the right of people to petition the government.
2) Protects the rights of states to maintain
a militia and of citizens to bear arm.
3) Restricts quartering of troops in private
4) Protects against "unreasonable searches and
5) Assures the right not to be deprived of "life,
liberty, or property,without due process of law."
6) Guarantees the right to a speedy and public
trial by an impartail jury.
7) Assures the right to a jury trial in cases
involving the common law (the law established by previous court and decisions)
8) Protects against excessive bail, or cruel
and unusual punishment.
9) Provides that people's rights are not restricted
to those specified in the first eight amendments.
10) Restates the Constution's principle of federalism by
providing that powers not granted to the national government nor prohibited to the states are reserved to the states and to